I love chocolate. Pretty much any chocolate I will eat. So this recipe was PERFECT for me! Also, you can be as creative as you like with the decoration! I made 2 different types, the white chocolate one is obviously Christmassy, and the dark chocolate one is just very general. They were surprisingly quick to make, and they tasted really nice too!
All you need is:
- White chocolate or Dark chocolate(melted)
- Christmas sprinkles (from Waitrose)
All you need to do is:
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl, over a pan, with water in, on a stove.
- Line a baking tray with parchment, and pour on the melted chocolate, and smooth it to quite a thick layer of a chocolate.
- OPTION 1: Sprinkle any type of sprinkles all over the chocolate.
- OPTION 2: Drizzle a different colour chocolate onto a spoon, and messily splatter it onto the chocolate.
- Put the tray into a freezer (for 20 minutes) or a fridge (for 30 minutes)
- Take out and enjoy!
I did prefer the white chocolate one, purely because, the dark chocolate bark was made with 80% cocoa, and it is very strong! The parts that had more of the white chocolate on, did neutralise the taste a bit. I thought the effect of the dark chocolate bark was really cool, and made it look like I’d bought it! The white chocolate bark, was nice and crunchy, because of the sprinkles, and tasted lovely too!
It was really nice to curl up on the sofa, with a cup of hot chocolate, and nibble on the chocolate bark! I would recommend this to anyone, and I’m sure that if you try it, you’ll love it!
Let me know in the comments which one you prefer, and whether you try any out!