I love lemon flavoured foods! I have a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to lemon recipes – which you can check out here! It only seemed right for me to bake one of them and share them with you! They tasted delicious, and they didn’t require a lot of ingredients, time or really much skill! Mine only made 13, so if you want to make them for a party, or something of the sort, I suggest you double the ingredients!
What you’ll need:
- 1/2 cup – unsalted butter (softened)
- A pinch – salt
- 1 – egg yolk
- 1 1/4 cup – plain flour
- 1/4 cup – caster sugar
- 1/2 tbsp – grated lemon zest
- 1 tbsp – lemon juice
- 1/2 cup – lemon curd
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees c, and line a baking tray with parchment sheet.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a kitchen aid until it’s smooth and pale (should take about 3 or 4 minutes)
- Next beat in the salt, yolk, lemon juice and lemon zest.
- With the mixer on the lowest setting (1), beat in the flour until clumps form.
- Gather the dough in your hands to make one big ball, ensuring to use gentle pressure and getting everything together – DO NOT KNEAD IT!
- Using a tablespoon, get some of the dough and make it into a ball (roughly 1 inch). Do this with all of the dough.
- Put all of the balls onto the parchment sheet, making sure they are a decently spaced.
- Using a finger, make a deep indent in the middle of the dough, enough for the lemon curd.
- Bake the cookies for around 18 to 20 minutes until firm and slightly golden.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer onto a wire rack, if the indents have risen press it lightly with a spoon, whilst they’re still hot.
- Immediately fill the cookies with the lemon curd.
I really hope you enjoyed this post, if you make them, be sure to tweet me a photo – I’d love to see! What is your favourite fruit flavoured food (wow a lot of fs!) ? Don’t forget to follow me on all of my social medias – they are all linked down below!